– Easy to make and with a heavenly taste. You can customize your own favorite chicken, fish or just totally classic – with beef.. The main difference from an oldschool burger and paleo burger is the classic bun. And there are plenty of options. Paleo ftw…
The bun :
- Celeriac – peel and slice the celery into slices around 5mm. Place them on an oven plate with oiled baking paper and turn them around so that the oil comes on both sides. Season with salt, pepper and chili. Bake them at about 170c until tender.
- Mushrooms – buy some delicious large Portobello mushrooms and rinse them well with a brush. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add a pressed garlic clove. When the pan is very warm, add the mushrooms on. Sprinkle with sea salt , pepper and thyme. Turn them until they are grilled.
- Bread – see Bread for multi-purpose
The steak :
- Beef – use a good quality minced beef and mix it with any of your favorite spices and fresh herbs. Grill it on a pan with ghee. Be careful that it doesn’t get overcooked. There is nothing more sad than a dry steak..
- Chicken – Marinate some chicken breast, e.g. use coconut oil, lemon, rosemary, salt and pepper and leave it overnight. Split the chicken breast and cover it in sesame seeds. Grill the chicken breast in coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Salmon – Cover the chunks of salmon in oil and then in sesame seeds mixed with salt and pepper. Fry in oil and lemon juice.
- Pork – leftovers of pulled pork
- Guacamole – Buy ripe avocados, mash them and add lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and chili
- Salsa – Chop some cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and red onion finely. Mix together and remove most of the juice. Season with salt, pepper, chili, coconut flower sugar or date purée. The salsa can also be made by giving the ingredients a quick reboil, and letting it cool down again, but the first version is fast to make if you’re in a hurry, however, you get a better result by allowing it to marinate for at least a few hours.
- Fresh pineapple, mango, pickled gherkins, red onions, comté 12+ months.